Discover how NALA TRAINS ITS TUTORS REMOTELY to prepare their learning materials more efficiently.
NALA, the National Adult Literacy Agency is an NGO that provides educational opportunities to people who want to improve their literacy.
They do this by providing a range of professional services to help organisations to be more accessible to people with literacy or numeracy difficulties.
NALA was looking for a stand-alone course based on their existing documentation for preparing learning materials. They wanted something that would be of practical use for their tutors when taking the course first time around, but also to use as a resource for future reference.
They needed this course to be added to their new Learning Management Platform (D2L). While other courses on the platform are aimed at learners, this course was to be designed for tutors who would then deliver the training face-to-face or online to diverse groups of adults.
THE LEARNING GOALs:
- A key goal in offering this course is to reach and engage with NALA’s tutors highlighting the key factors to consider when preparing learning materials for different activities and student abilities.
- This course helps NALA to achieve their goal as an NGO in providing effective online training to people who want to improve their literacy and numeracy.
- One of the most important requirements was to ensure a good use of visuals, video materials, and graphic content.
SOME FEATURES OF THE COURSE INCLUDE:
Created with a specific catalogue of images, sample materials, and a professional voiceover.
HOSTED IN THEIR LMS
We also added custom interactive course elements using Articulate Storyline 360.
We create an interactive, multimedia-rich program which included first-person interactive video scenarios, along with expert insight videos to share expertise and experience.
This eLearning solution provides more than basic information, it is an interactive experience that changes behaviour, provides real life context, and helps tutors to prepare their learning materials and content in a more effective and easier way.
THE BENEFITS OF THIS ELEARNING SOLUTION:
- This course allows NALA to train its tutors remotely, while assuring they obtained a training course that meets their learning standards.
- By having this new course built in their own LMS, NALA can manage its learners progress, create reports easily and manage content updates.
FOR THE FINISHED PROJECT WE DESIGNED:
- 10 Text and image pages authored directly into NALA's LMS.
- 7 Expert Insight videos (interview style format with a practitioner provided by NALA).
- 3 Downloadable checklists.
- 3 Sample real life learning materials and what to do with them.
- 3 End of section knowledge check reviews.
How CAN you engage with us?
Start by contacting us via email or phone. We are more then happy to take a 30 minute discovery call with any potential new customers to discuss your ideas and needs.
We can point you in the right direction, give you a better understanding of how to implement your project or provide some ideas based on our experience. If you want to engage with us on a project, we offer fixed price project as well as ongoing support.